In partnership with the National Trust at Ham House, I am thrilled to be offering a one-day spring course for beginners in digital SLR photography on Friday 21 March 2014. The course will cover the basics of photography theory and practice, and will combine classroom based-learning, with the opportunity for practical location shooting in the grounds and in the house itself.
Topics to be covered include:
• what is photography?
• principles of good exposure
• controlling depth of field in your images
• selecting the right shutter speed for best effect
• understanding ISO – how sensitive is your sensor
• taking photos indoors – specific considerations
• basic compositional techniques
• bringing it all together – how to get a good picture under pressure
Suitable for those taking their first steps with digital SLR photography, this is a unique opportunity to develop your photographic skills in a stunning and historic location. Places cost just £65 and are limited; to book, please visit the Ham House website